Thursdays, September 7th + September 21 + October 12th 6-9pm
Cast on the perfect sweater for transitional Nashville Fall weather with instructor Hannah Thiessen. Hannah will walk students through the steps for the Right Angle sweater, by Georgia Farrell. A boxy but flattering textured sweater, Right Angle is a great pattern for the beginning garment knitter or intermediate knitter hoping to branch into sweaters. With simple sizing and each piece worked flat, you'll learn how to follow a garment pattern with a chart, choose your size, work shaping stitches, block and seam in this three session class. This pattern was included in the Spring 2016 issue of Pom Pom Quarterly, and a copy is included as part of the class.
Skill Level: Students should know how to knit and purl comfortably, be familiar with working textured stitches over a fabric and be able to follow patterned stitch instructions (seed stitch, ribbing, or similar.) Students should be comfortable with counting rows and keeping track of where they are within the project, or be willing to learn this skill as part of the class.
Pre-Class homework (REQUIRED): Students must pick up their yarn, needles, and pattern in advance of the initial class date, so that a swatch may be completed. Swatches are knit to a gauge of 25 sts & 36 rows = 4" over the Right Angle Pattern (texture from the pattern) on size US 5 needles after blocking. If it is not possible for you to pick up your pattern in advance of the class and you will be using yarn you already have, you will need to call Craft South and have the digital download code from your designated Pom Pom copy given to you so you may download the pattern. You will still receive your physical copy in our first class session. If you do not complete your swatch prior to class, you will use your first session to swatch and be one class behind everyone else -- no exceptions!
- US Size 5 needles, size 16" circular or straight (a longer circular will work as well)
- US Size 4 needles, size 16" circular or straight (a longer circular will work as well)
- Tapestry Needle
- Yarn (should knit up at a sport, dk or light worsted weight for this pattern.)
Here are some of our suggestions:
- Quince & Co. Owl (120 yards)
- Quince & Co. Chickadee (181 yards)
- Malabrigo Silky Merino (150 yards)
- Manos del Uruguay Milo (380 yards)
- Manos del Uruguay Serena (170 yards)
- Spun Right Round DK (250 yards)
- Quince & Co. Phoebe (301 yards)
- Quince & Co. Willet (160 yards)
Sizing for this sweater is designed for a loose fit, designed to be worn with 9" positive ease (extra room in addition to your bust measurement.)
Measure around the fullest part of your bust for your bust measurement.
- Size 1: 38" bust, requires 1220 yards
- Size 2: 42.5" bust, requires 1464 yards
- Size 3: 47" bust, requires 1464 yards
- Size 4: 51.25" bust, requires 1708 yards
- Size 5: 55.75" bust, requires 1708 yards
- Spring 2016 issue of Pom Pom Quarterly
- 9 hours of instruction
- Snacks & drinks
- 15% all in store purchases on class day, as well as off your yarn+needles prior to class (be sure to let us know you are in the class to receive your discount!)
Click here to see our Craft South class policies.